Saturday 26 September 2009

Fishing off Abel Point, Airlie Beach


Elaine's final fish of the day. I think her running total was eight, however if I am wrong I'm sure she will comment on the blog. I think this is a type of angel fish however my fish knowledge isn't great.


Steve with a big, but crafty, fish on the hook. After this photo it swam into the rocks of the marina wall quicker than Steve could reel so fish, hook and weight got caught on the rocks. The end of the rod came loose and followed the line into the water. Steve and Elaine came down the next morning at 5:30 (low tide) to try and retrieve the rod but the line snapped.


Me again looking like a plonker (I don't know how hannah does it). I hadn't caught a single fish by this stage so was getting a bit annoyed as the light started to fail.


Steve gutting MY FISH!!! Finally caught one!! I blame the rod and line :)


Me Bream - we Bar-Be-Qued it later on that night. Quite tasty.



Elaine with her second fish of the day. Couldn't get to the camera quick enough to catch the first.


Steve and Elaine looking like professionals :)


Me praying for a fish to take some interest in the shrimp I was using as bait.


The area of water we were all casting out into.

Running Total:
Elaine: eight (all released)
Hannah: Four (3 released, 1 died)
Adam: one (eaten)
Steve: one (released)

An Irish couple next to us gave us a fish as they caught two big ones... Thank you (eaten). I think it was a Permit!?

No comments:

Post a Comment