Saturday 26 September 2009

Mulambin Beach and Causeway Lake, Yeppoon


While fishing we both caught a few leaves! It was like the fish were eating the bait and then attaching a leaf to the hook to rub salt into the wounds.


The 20cm bream I caught. The take away size is 23cm in Queensland. However as it was the last fish of the day I think I would of put him back even if he was big enough because it wasn't going to feed both of us :)

I'm wearing a glove because like most animals in Australia they want to hurt you. While fishing in Airlie I got stung by a fish on my thumb which subsequently swelled up in the evening. As I have a poor knowledge of fish, and an even worse one of which ones not to be stung by i err on the side of caution.


Hannah's first attempt of taking a photo of the fish :)


The sunset was unbelievably hazy because there had been a massive dust storm across central Queensland. Most of the dust was picked up from the Simpson Desert and deposited all the way along the east coast from Mackay to Brisbane. worst in 50years I heard a few 'grey nomads' say.




A crab I noticed having a snack on the head of one of our shrimps. This was the best photo of many.


Fishing at Causeway Lake - we wanted to catch a Trevally or something large but all that bit were Bream.



Mulambin Beach


Hannah really getting into her fishing!! We bought a 8ft rod and reel to accompany my 12ft rod which came with the van. Just before this photo Hannah was actually upto her waist but scrambled onto a rock before I could take the photo. Han also caught a cod here but it was only about 18cm long, and very ugly.

The bend in the rod (picture above) isn't a fish. Hannah had caught a rock again.

No comments:

Post a Comment